There is something very interesting for entrepreneurs to learn from Ms. Bronnie Ware, a woman who worked for years with the dying and wrote a list of the top 5 regrets people say aloud on their deathbed.
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
Go chase your dreams!
2. I wish I didn’t work so hard.
How about working smartly and still having time for family.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
Most of us are entrapped with this regret to some extent. Whatever you do but just don’t settle for mediocre existence.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
Build relationships. Both for professional and personal well being. Most successful and happy people live on strong relationships.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
As most entrepreneur will say – Enjoy the journey. It is really up to you.
I guess the leanings are for everyone. The lesser regrets you have in your life, the more enjoyable it is.